But, I absolutely cannot relax in a messy house. The walls will close in on me if I don't get the clutter under control before I cozy up under my blanket for the foreseeable future.
So here's my full proof pre-blizzard speed clean plan for maximum weekend relaxation
1) Laundry into the machine
2) Toys off of the floor in living room
3) Entryway clutter control
4) Laundry into dryer
5) Quick pass of the vacuum on main level
6) Mail/schoolwork/art project pile sorting so that our kitchen counters and dining room table can be used again
7) Gather blankets, straighten couch pillows
8) Fold and put away laundry
9) Dishes into dishwasher, quick wipe of counters
10) Turn on TV and put feet up
Notice that I'm not scrubbing anything, I'm not worrying about the kids bedrooms, I'm not cleaning bathrooms. Sometimes all you have to do is just get the junk off the floors and the surfaces. Please, don't bother to mop your floors the day before a snowstorm. Trust me.